Sunday, June 08, 2008

In Which The Warlock Finds a Lost Post!

(Note--This was actually set to be posted right before 4e came out, but somehow got lost in Blogger somehow! Weirdness! At any rate, here's some humor for ya!)

It's official--The Warlock is changing over to 4e. The system just drips systematic coolness, and the streamlining efforts that were made have paid off in dividends. There are still some problems, but by and large, the difficulties made present by 3e are all but gone.

In light of this, here's a eulogy!

Friends, Gamers, geeks, lend me your ears;
I come to bury 3e, not to praise it.
The evil of any edition lives after it;
The good is oft interred with its bones;
So let it be with 3e. The noble designers
Hath told you 3e was broken:
If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
And grievously hath 3e answer'd it.
Here, under leave of WotC and the rest--
For WotC is an honourable corporation;
So are all the designers, all honourable men--
Come I to speak in 3e's funeral.
It was my friend, faithful and just to me:
But the designers says it was broken;
And WotC is an honourable corporation.
3e hath brought many joyous nights in dank basements
With many an orc slain and princess rescued:
Did in this 3e seem broken?
When with a character concept you were so inspired, 3e did abide:
The meaning of broken should be more closely defined:
Yet WotC says 3e was broken;
And WotC is an honourable corporation.
You all have rolled dozens of characters if not more,
With profession, craft, and knowledge skills,
Each character having his own alignment : was this broken?
Yet WotC says 3e was broken;
And, sure, it is an honourable corporation.
I speak not to disprove what WotC spoke,
But here I am to speak what I do know.
You all did love 3e once, not without cause:
What cause withholds you then, to mourn for it?
O Player base! thou art fleeting to a new edition,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me;
My heart is in the coffin there with 3e,
And I must pause till it come back to me.

P.S. I can't really take credit for this whatsoever--this is courtesy of “ElDragon”, as found on ENWorld.

No comments:

Post a Comment