You see, we finally reached the halfway point of our exploits in "The Flood", with the posse gaining several significant allies and having gained a massive enemy in General Kwan, to say nothing of their ongoing struggle against the Church of Lost Angels. Taking some rest and relaxation in Shan Fan, the posse got to kick up their heels, while I prepped my players for a fast foward.
I'd been itching to break out Hell on Earth for quite a while, but I'd never managed to play the original game that led to Savage Worlds. That, naturally, has changed.
|"All the way to Reno..."|
Our new posse included:
- Edward Castellan--a New Templar from Boise, wielding a massive sword and a sub-machine gun.
- "The Main Man" Marlow--a self-styled road warrior out of Junkyard, complete with chainsaw!
- Leslie K. Marvin--a Junker from Junkyard, and the creator of several robotic combat drones.
- Garret Walker--a Librarian from Sacramento, with his pet bobcat, Felix.
- "Doc Neutron"--a heretic Doomsayer from Carson City, capable of blasting foes with raw radiation.
- Carrie Ann Waltrip--a Harrowed bounty hunter, who's traveled all over the Wasted West...
|A result of the hit locations |
in Hell on Earth...
Also, the sheer number of stats seemed to be really excessive. Hell on Earth has a separate stat for "Scrounging" and "Survival", which seemed to be a pretty large disconnect for some of my players. But, on top of those, there's also a "Search" stat. What does one do when you're looking for a spare part? Is it "Scrounging" or is it "Search"? The streamlining done in Savage Worlds--looking for that spare part would be a straight up "Notice" check--seems much needed.
While our foray into the original rules for Hell on Earth is going to be short-lived, it's been an interesting (and fun!) experience. I purchased Hell on Earth primarily for the plot points and the setting info, and that hasn't disappointed me in the slightest. When the "Reloaded" version comes out, though, I'll be the first in line to switch over.