Thursday, June 04, 2009

In Which The Warlock Preps for Epic Throwdowns...

Before we start, a brief aside: a few posts ago, I mentioned Nick and his unfortunate motorcycle accident. Well, never fear! Nick is slowly getting back in the swing of things. You can really tell he's getting back to normal, when he's nagging me about not updating on time. Go figure....

At any rate, the big O is just around the corner, and we Witt-Weggers are getting more jazzed by the day. Right now, planning for Origins has been my stress relief (yeah, believe that one!), in the midst of filing paperwork, scheduling inspections, and prepping our mortgage in the hopes of closing on our new house.

However, there are two events that have had me on the edge of my seat for the last few weeks, and just won't let up.

Firstly, there's "The Ghost of Mistmoor"--the massive 8 hour long Ravenloft game, starting at 1:30 and ending...well, probably when all of the PCs fall to some Darklord. As I mentioned when Kat started her game, I could probably count the number of times I've actually played Ravenloft on one hand. This is mainly because I'm usually the one running it, breaking out the Tarokka deck and the big, black GM screen, with all sorts of twisted ideas to inflict on my players. To have the tables turned...oooh, can't beat that with a +3 Mace of Disruption.

The second one, though, is swiftly becoming an Origins tradition--El Willy's epic Midnight Madness WEGS Scenario. Last year's Madness set us against the uber-mummy KlattaBarraBoo, with our only hope (which was quickly lost and forgotten!) being the Holy Hand Grenade. That game ended in a huge stalemate at 3:30 in the morning, with one of my many Nordling incarnations itching for another chance to Skorp his way through the dungeon. This time around...well, I'm not quite sure what El Willy's planning. Over on the TableTop Gamers forum, he's already started a poll...but results are tight, and even my own inclination was for him to just "roll the bones" and let the dice fall where they may.

Odds and gods, baby! Either game, it's all going to come down to a roll of the dice!

No comments:

Post a Comment