But, that doesn't stop us at all. Rather, it just keeps us coming back for more. And, what's one of the best parts about a giant gamer convention complete with giant Dealer Hall? The swag, that's what! Let's take a look at this year's haul:
|The PlatinumWarlock's swag from the 2011 Origins Game Fair!|
- Deadlands: Hell on Earth--Wasted West Companion and Monsters, Muties and Misfits: I've been pretty zealous about my fanboy-ism for Deadlands recently, in all its incarnations. But, I'd been unable to find any copies of these in any of my friendly local game shops. I even thought I was out of luck at Origins, until L-train and Will the ManMan pointed out that the Pinnacle Entertainment/Studio 2 booth had them! Even better--I got my copies signed by Shane Lacy Hensley, head honcho behind Deadlands and Savage Worlds!
- Deadlands: The 1880 Smith & Robards Catalog: Yeah, even more Deadlands. Not only does it have all sorts of mechanical doo-dads that would make any Mad Scientist drool, it includes additional rules for Weird Science and how to build Scrappers--steampunk warriors, replete with ghost-rock powered cybernetics!
- Savage Worlds Customizable GM Screen: Truth be told, I already own a customizable GM screen. You can even see it in some of my pictures from Origins, as I used it to show off the Guild Shield, as well as signs for my game.. It's a fantastic device, as it lets me fill in whatever inserts I need, and change them out for various systems. My only caveat for my current GM screen was its height--it had 4 panels, all in portrait style, which made it difficult to look over. While that's good for Call of Cthulhu and other horror games, a more cinematic game demands a more accessable screen! I'm not getting rid of my old one, though--the PlatinumChick is getting that one!
- ICONS--The Villainomicon: Okay, so totally geeked out with Gareth-Michael Skarka at the Cubicle 7 booth, talking about various ICONS games and the like. I couldn't turn this one down. More bad guys is always good, and the ones made for ICONS are always stylish, iconic, and interesting. This was money well spent...and, besides, GMS signed my ICONS book!
- Reaper Minis--Mouslings: The PlatinumChick is obsessed with these. I got her a box of them for Christmas last year, and she's been hooked since then. She's all about the cute little Mousling warriors--I'm kind of shocked she hasn't been playing MouseGuard, all told! She managed to pick up some of the rarer Mouslings, only being offered at this year's convention season. Excitement for her!
- Cyborg Commando and SpellJammer: I picked up these from ChaoticKarl, as part of our yearly birthday exchange. A professor at his university was selling off some of his older gaming materials, which he had ChaoticKarl put up at the Origins Auction. But, I couldn't let these ones slip past--they're both spectacular! I haven't gotten around to reading through them yet, but...well, I haven't read most of the stuff that I've bought yet!
- WEGS Ultimate Dungeon Party Deck: Oh, yeah! That product I worked on! Yes, sirree, El Willy's UDP came out with a bang, to full demos all convention long. It's a great little deck, full of neat tricks and skills for the advanced WEGS player. I'm looking forward to throwing these down on our home table sometime really soon!