Monday, November 21, 2011

In Which The Warlock Returns from the Void...

Apologies for the extended absence, amices.  Both the PlatinumChick and I got sick last week and are just now starting to get over it!  Between the hacking and coughing out here, we haven't had a chance much to game, though I've been working on my Hell on Earth one-off during the downtime at work.

Old school gaming meets
the technological age!
What's new, though, is my technological edge!  Through some means that I'm not privy to discussing (don't worry, they're legal means!), I found myself in possession of a brand-spankin'-new iPad 2! 

While I'm obligated to use this iPad at work as part of a new initiative, the iPad is unequivocably mine and can be used for pretty much anything I see fit....including gaming!  Obviously, my massive amount of PDFs will go into GoodReads and iBooks, but beyond that, I'm a little stumped.

I'm already familiar with a few 4e D&D and Pathfinder apps that exist, but I'm already on the lookout for more.  While TheJourneymanGM's secret senior thesis isn't quite done yet--though I'll be sure to download it when it is!--I need some more!

So tell me, gamer nation--what should I have on my new device?  What's proved useful, and how?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:42 PM

    I'm told that the iPad is exactly the right size for Explorer's Edition sized Savage Worlds PDFs. You should probably grab PDF copies of the new EEs of the Deadlands Player's Guide and Marshal's Handbook.

    And my super secret project (which may or may not exist) would (hypothetically) be released first for computers, then would at some time much later be (hypothetically) available for the iPhone and/or iPad. Hypothetically of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yukon3:31 PM

    I'm not sure how thrilled I would be in a situation where every character had their Character sheet on the Ipad and then the GM was sitting behind a custom Ipad(s) GM screen. Im sure it would be a helpful tool for looking up things in pdfs but I am not sure it I would want everyone or anyone with it at the table.

    Most of us Gamers can easily be distracted with anything in front of us (dice, cards, books, character sheets, phones, etc) adding an ipad to the mix would just be asking the players to slow down gameplay and be distracted from the wonderful gaming the GM is trying to portray!

    ReplyDelete