Saturday, March 05, 2011

In Which The Warlock Begins Living the Dream...

This is a short one, but with some really exciting news.

Back when I was still a student at Witt, I became acquainted with Dread Pirate Tim--a comics/game shop owner in Springfield.  Dread Pirate Tim had some pretty serious health issues, which contributed to his store closing, but he's an avid gamer and occasionally makes appearance at WittGuild meetings.  I hadn't talked to him in quite a while, when he messaged me out of the blue.

Apparently, Cubicle 7--the company that produces the Doctor Who rpg, among several others--was taking an open call for freelance writers, to work on their new rpg The Laundry.  Deadline was March 1st.  Hurriedly, I worked up a submission to their specifications and sent it off.

Just yesterday, I received an e-mail from Cubicle 7--they want me on board for a new product release!

I'm not sure how much I'm able to say at this point on the new product, but I'm beyond excited to be working with them. 

Ever since I began gaming, back in 7th grade, this has been my dream--to actually write for a real, published RPG product.  And now, years later, that dream is really coming true...it's unbelievable!  :D

2 comments:

  1. Glad to be of help. I have gotten to live my dream so i like to pass it around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much obliged, man. It really means a lot to have this opportunity...

    ReplyDelete